Friday, July 26, 2013

Baby's First Crop Top


I finally gave in and bought my first (two) crop tops. They were uber on sale and I was indulging in a bit of a Cher Horowitz moment. I decided to stay relatively tame and wearable with a plain black short sleeve top. I figured, even if I don't always wear it as a crop top (winter is coming, I love to layer!), it will still be a great piece to utilize no matter the season. I went for the classic pairing of high waisted skirt and crop top, because it just doesn't get more perfect than that!

Details after the jump!

Top: American Eagle | Skirt: Nordstrom (old, similar) | Boots: Nine West (old, similar) | Necklace: Urban Outfitters (old, similar)

If you're thinking that you've got a serious case of deja vu you're not mistaken. I wore this skirt in an earlier post and it's one of my favorites! I can pair it with anything from a graphic tee to a white button-front to a lovely crop top like the one here and it has turned out to be one of the most versatile pieces in my closet.


The crop top is the softest cotton - it's cozy and so easy to wear. Along with the skirt, I see it becoming a signature, classic piece in my closet. Also some of my favorites - all of my accessories! My mom practically begged me to stop wearing these boots and I complied for about a year, but this past weekend I saw them staring at me, begging to be worn. These boots are marvelous. They fit me like a glove and they've got the softest, most flexible leather. They're just perfectly worn in (well maybe a little more worn in than they need to be, but still) and they let me point my feet!



My necklace, watch, and bracelets are some of my favorite pieces of jewelry that I've ever owned. If I'm at a loss for what necklace to wear with an outfit, my geometric triangle necklace always works, every time. I wear my watch and bracelets every day and would probably feel uncomfortable without them. They're all so wearable and I rarely feel the need to switch them up. My watch is a world map watch with brown leather straps and I wear three silver bracelets, all very personal to me on my other hand.


For makeup I kept everything bright, with fresh sugar lip treatment in Coral and some bright neutral toned eyeshadow on my lids. I can't sing the praises of this fresh treatment enough! It moisturizes and softens my lips like no other and it lasts a considerable amount of time! Every girl should have at least one (and keep an eye out at holiday time, they often have mini packs at Sephora that give you multiple colors!), and I believe this so much that I even have two! I've been using an eyeshadow palette longer than is recommended, but it's just got great colors. For something similar look to Urban Decay's Naked palettes. My eyelashes, as always, have been brought to life by Mally's mascara, another product which I swear by. Instead of giving me fake, clumpy eyelashes, this lengthens and gives the perfect amount of volume and definition to my lashes. 



Have a happy Floral Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment