Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Color Play


The other night I found myself with a beautiful ticket to the theater! Summer in New York is definitely a challenge, what with the oppressive humidity outside and the Arctic air conditioning inside. With this in mind, I set out to find an outfit that would keep me warm inside, comfortable outside, and would be fabulous enough to wear while sitting in velvet seats. As a dress enthusiast, I was also very intent on creating a theater-appropriate look with pants! No excuse or need to wear jeans to the theater when you've got pants as great as these!

Sweater: Madewell | Pants: Ann Taylor (past season//vaguely similar here) | Shoes: BCBG Max Azria (past season)

I decided that employing color, pattern, and texture were my best bets for a fun ensemble. I chose to mix a neon colorblocked sweater from Madewell with some Ann Taylor polka dot pants. Both of these items have an ease about them but don't look sloppy or dressed down. They're both high contrast items but on different scales and in colors that work with each other so they look cohesive. Then of course I added some killer suede heels.


Chic without being boring, relaxed without being lazy!

Earrings: Gift | Necklace: American Eagle (old) | Eyes: Sephora Palette (old//newer version) | Lips: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
By this evening my hair wasn't cooperating so I just threw it up into a topknot. For makeup I did dramatic purple eye makeup and simple, natural lips.

Nails: OPI, Russian Navy | Ring: Madewell | Twist Bracelet & Ball Bracelet: Eden Arts


How can you not have fun in an outfit like this?


Song of the Moment: Where the Colors Don't Go by Sam Phillips

<>

3 comments:

  1. Adorable outfit for a night out in town in big humid New York, Great idea! And great fit for a theater, the audacity and boldness of that outfit exudes "Look at me!"

    <3 Semirah from Sound of Charm
    http://soundofcharm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Semirah! I had a lot of fun with this one, for sure! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Trina

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining the Tuesday Treasures blog hop today! Your sweater is so adorable!!

    With Love,
    Ashliegh
    www.darlingprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete